Marketing Your Business
To effectively offer a business for sale, all information needed by a prospective purchaser must be included in the offering presentation.
The presentation must properly address the following issues:
- What a business owns and earns.
- Recasting financial statements to reflect an economic view for the true earnings of a business.
- Recasting the value of assets to reflect fair market value.
- Intangible and goodwill values.
- Review of profit and loss statements, tax returns, and balance sheets for economic trends.
- Arriving at the best price and terms through the use of weighted multiple evaluation methods.